March 26, 2012

Lentil Kofte


Say it with me now....KUF-TA. Lentil Kofte's two main ingredients are red lentil and fine ground bulgar. I know what you're thinking, blech! But believe you me, these little fellas are so delicious you'll wonder how something so good for you can also be so tasty, yet so easy to make.
Koftes are commonly eaten in Turkey and I was turned onto them by a good friend who has spent a good amount of time there. Kofte literally translates to 'cigar' and refers to the shape, but honestly could be shaped however you please. Feel free to experiment with say maybe a french lentil and herbs de provence. I chose to keep it authentic but go ahead, exercise your creative license, I won't tell a soul.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I love your blog will link you on mine.
    Let's get together soon and catch up ...
    Blessings, Mark

    ReplyDelete